The Art of the Fantasy Football Punishment
Fantasy football is a game that brings people together, right? WRONG. It’s a game that pits friends and family against each other in a battle for glory and bragging rights. But let’s talk about the real prize here: the punishment for coming in last place.
Let’s face it, the punishment is the only thing that makes fantasy football worth playing. Without the threat of public humiliation, what’s the point? We hear about a lot of great punishments from our leagues on League Tycoon. So, without further ado, let’s dive into the top 10 most extreme and totally not-at-all-ridiculous fantasy football punishments.
10 Extreme Fantasy Football Punishments
- The "Charity Run" punishment - In this league, the last-place finisher has to run a charity marathon in a custom-made "Loser" shirt. Because nothing says "I'm a good person" like being forced to raise money for charity while advertising your own failure.
- The "Dabbing" punishment - The loser has to dab every time they see another league member for the entire off-season.
- The "No Complaints" punishment - Last place has to give up complaining for an entire season. This is the most difficult punishment for a chronic loser.
- The "Sing-a-Long" punishment - In this league, the loser has to sing "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor in a public space using a microphone and speaker.
- The "Tattoo" punishment - Want to go extreme? How about this league where the loser has to get a tattoo chosen by the league champ.
- The "Scarlet Letter" punishment - The last-place finisher has to wear a custom-made "L" letter jacket for the entire off-season, signifying their loss.
- The "Fake Accent" punishment - The loser has to speak in a fake accent of the champ's choice for the whole draft party.
- The "Phone Call" punishment - The toilet bowl champ has to call their mom and tell her they're quitting college to become a professional fantasy football player.
- The "Shave the Head" punishment - Last place has to shave their head, leaving them with a bald head for the entire off-season.
- The "Car Wash" punishment - At the draft party in this league the loser has to wash all of the cars belonging to the other league members.
Fantasy football is just not complete without a humiliating punishment for the loser. After all, what's the point of spending hours researching players, making trades and setting lineups if there's no chance of public embarrassment? Without the threat of being forced to walk around in public wearing a "I lost my fantasy football league" sandwich board, what's the motivation to even try to win? These are the things that make fantasy football truly worth playing. So, if you're thinking about starting a fantasy football league, don't forget to include a humiliating punishment. It's the cherry on top of the sundae of failure.